Take time to see the birthplace of rock 'n’ roll, Elvis Presley's hometown of Memphis, with a VIP guided tour at Graceland. On this 15-hour Nashville to Memphis day trip your group will not only have the opportunity to explore America's most iconic music city but also visit Sun Studio where some its most influential musicians cut records. Imagine being there as Elvis blasted "Hound Dog" or Jerry Lee Lewis recorded "Great Balls of Fire."
- 15-hour full-day trip to Memphis from Nashville.
- VIP pass to Graceland on a souvenir lanyard.
- 1-hour guided tour of Sun Studios.
- Free time to explore Beale Street and the Peabody Hotel.
Tour Departure & Return Points
108 1st Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201, USA
Tours depart from: Gray Line Ticket Booth at the Riverfront Train Station, 108 1st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37201 (off 1st Ave S, across from Acme Feed & Seed). Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour start time.
Departure Time: 7:00 AM
Returns to original departure point
Start your day bright and early to begin your full-day trip to Memphis. The comfortable trip by air-conditioned coach takes approximately 4 hours to reach your destination.
On arrival, you'll be presented with your VIP pass to Graceland on a souvenir lanyard. Explore with your guide over the course of 3 hours. You'll see the Elvis car museum, his burial site, and the two deluxe planes that were used for the King's touring and personal travel. Take some free time to purchase lunch or look around a bit further on your own.
Your next stop is Sun Studios, the recording studio owned by Sam Phillips in downtown Memphis that played a large part in the founding of rock 'n' roll. During your 1-hour guided tour, you'll see what the recording process used to be like and hear stories of the studio's many legends, including Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, and Johnny Cash.
Last, head for Beale Street for some free time to wander around, visit the Memphis Rock n Soul Museum, or get some famous Memphis barbecue. Visit the Peabody Hotel to see the famous Peabody ducks make their way down the red carpet and learn how this unusual tradition got started.
Travel from Nashville, aka Music City, to the Mississippi and experience legendary Memphis on this full-day tour, starting with hotel pickup in the early morning.
After the 4-hour journey, celebrate the history of rock ‘n’ roll with a visit to Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland. Use your VIP-access pass (complete with a souvenir lanyard) to visit the burial site of 'the King,' walk through the Elvis car museum, and see two deluxe airplanes used for tours and traveling. Take time for lunch on your own at Graceland (own expense) before re-boarding the coach.
Admission Ticket Included
Next, head to Sam Phillips’ famed Sun Studios, located in the heart of downtown Memphis. Take a 1-hour guided tour to see what the recording process was like. Hear tales of how legends like Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and the King himself got their start here.
Admission Ticket Included
- Stop At: The Peabody Ducks
Afterward, see the famous Peabody ducks make their way down the red carpet from their fountain to the elevator as they head to bed at the lavish Peabody Hotel and learn how this unusual tradition was started.
Admission Ticket Free
Then spend about an hour on your own to explore Beale Street, famous for its blues and barbecue, or take a short stroll to the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum (admission is your own expense). Depart this lively downtown scene for the return to Nashville, with drop-off at your hotel after dark.
Admission Ticket Free
Pass By: Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum
Museum located on famous Beale Street in downtown Memphis.
- Pass By: Mississippi River Park
Finish the day with a drive by Mississippi River.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Wheelchair accessible coaches available; please contact tour operator 48 hours before scheduled departure.
- Minimum number of 12 apply to run tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Stroller accessible.
- Near public transportation.
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible.
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible.
- Most travelers can participate.
- MULTI-LINGUAL AUDIO GUIDES: Optional Audio Guides are provided for the Graceland portion of the tour ONLY. The Graceland Mansion Tour offers tours in the following languages: English, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese and French.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 55 travelers.